We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
3835 McKinley Parkway
Blasdell, NY 14219
Phone: (716) 823-7889
Fax: (716) 823-7942
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Located just South of the McKinley Mall on the same side.
• Sept. 6: FULL (CORN) Moon, Sept. 20: NEW Moon
• Sept. 22: Autumnal Equinox - almost equal amounts of day and night.
• Raptors begin their southern migration. Visit Hawk Mountain, PA., a WBU Pathways to Nature site - you may see 'kettles' of 1,000 Broad-winged Hawks
• Turtle eggs hatch; hatchlings head for the nearest water
• Monarch Butterfly migration peaks mid-month
• Bats are busy feeding, building fat for hibernation and migration
• Blackbird (grackles, cowbirds and red-wings) flocks can number in the thousands
• Fall migration peaks for warblers and others
• Bucks are polishing their antlers; look for buck rubs
• Peak of Blue-winged Teal migration
• Most hummingbirds depart by the end of month. Keep feeders out until mid-Oct. Help late-comers from Canada
• Robins are in flocks, feeding on crabapples and grapes
• First juncos. White-throated Sparrows, and Pine Siskins appear by the end of this month
• Ripe hickory nuts, walnuts and other “mast” may distract squirrels from your feeders
• Goldenrod and Asters are in bloom.